TEXAS MILITARY DEPARTMENT
DUTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad.
HONOR: Hold the public trust in the highest regard; exceed standards and expectations; act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
TEXAS: Embrace the courageous spirit of our people, history and culture.
This position is located at the 147th AW, TX. The purpose of this position is to perform maintenance on assigned missiles, operate, repair, maintain and calibrate missile test equipment, operate the Combat Ammunition System (CAS B), store, handle and perform intermediate level maintenance on assigned conventional munitions.
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Texas Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Texas Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please visit http://www.nationalguard.com/eligibility or contact a Texas Air National Guard recruiter (832) 632-1387 (147ATK) before applying for this position.
Areas of Consideration: Nationwide Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite and temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard.
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Texas Air National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
As a ORDNANCE EQUIPMENT MECHANIC, WG-6641-10
- Maintains and repairs assigned missiles.
- Operates, repairs, maintains and calibrates missile test equipment.
- Receives, assembles, issues, identifies, inspects and stores conventional aerospace munitions such as bombs, ammunition, starter cartridges, flares, egress munitions, etc.
- Operates Combat Ammunition System (CAS B) in accordance with applicable regulations and manuals.
- Monitors stock levels to insure adequate munitions are on hand to support mission requirements, War Reserve Material (WRM), and wartime consumable distribution objects (WCDO).
- Inspects, maintains, repairs, and reconditions conventional munitions, containers, and munitions maintenance handling equipment (MMHE).
- Links and repositions ammunition by operating electrical or manual machines and inspecting for defects such as short or long rounds, corrosion and dented cases, and removes unserviceable rounds.
- Performs duties in compliance with established safety, security, and housekeeping regulations.
- As required, serves as OJT trainer giving instructions and explaining proper munitions handling methods and procedures.
- Prepares for and participates in ORI, IG and UE inspections, as well as command support exercises.
- Performs other additional duties as assigned.
The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link:
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nationwide, (See Areas of Consideration), Texas Air National Guard Membership required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481677400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.