This vacancy is being filled through the Office of Personnel Management's Direct Hire Authority. All applicants who meet the basic and minimum qualification requirements will be forwarded to the selecting official for consideration. Traditional rating and ranking of applications and veteran's preference does not apply.Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) helps companies create U.S. jobs through the export of U.S. goods and services for priority development projects in emerging economies. USTDA links U.S. businesses to export opportunities by funding project planning activities, pilot projects, and reverse trade missions, while creating sustainable infrastructure and economic growth in partner countries. For more information about USTDA, please visit our website at https://www.ustda.gov/about/.
USTDA is ranked among the top three federal agencies in its category and government-wide, based on key indices measured by the 2016 Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey administered by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). These key indices measure employee engagement and employee perceptions of the inclusivity of their agencies. For more information on the survey, please see www.fedview.opm.gov.
This position is located in the USTDA'S Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), and is responsible for applying methods for evaluating, implementing, and disseminating IT security policies and procedures, network operations and protocols sufficient to ensure the reliability and accessibility of the agency's information systems, and to assess, prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks and data. The incumbent serves as the USTDA Information Security Officer (ISO) for in-house, hybrid services, cloud services and shared IT Services.
As an Information Technology Specialist (Security) typical work assignments include:
- Serves as the USTDA ISO for in-house, hybrid services, cloud services, and shared IT services.
- Prioritizes and oversees the day-to-day cyber security requirements, programs, compliance and initiatives.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure the reliability and accessibility of the agency's information systems, and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks and data.
- Provides technical assistance, conducts research and provides guidance to the CIO on systems security.
- Conducts risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to ensure that USTDA's systems environment operates at an acceptable level of risk. Ensures vulnerability remediation efforts.
- Manages the agency's security Awareness and Training (AT) program, including conducting cyber security role-specific training.
- Researches and evaluates all available technologies and standards to meet agency IT security requirements and identify opportunities for new capability developments to exploit or mitigate cyberspace vulnerabilities.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481675300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.