If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) is a great place for you. DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs. Go to www.disa.mil for more information.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as senior IT Specialist (CUSTSPT) with performing a number of critical IT functions and providing leadership to a team of Global Service Desk employees.
- Manage and communicate daily workload requirements to include the planning and delivery of customer support services, troubleshooting, training, team assignments, projects, problems to be solved, actionable events, and milestones, program issues under review, deadlines, and time frames for completion.
- Utilize available guidelines that are not completely applicable and may require interpretation and/or adaptation to specific issues or problems.
- Fulfill customer/user requests in support of Global IT service providers and operators.
- Execute critical communication efforts between service owners, mission partners and the Global Service Desk Management Office for optimum service delivery.
- Implement guidance and direction provided by Service Desk Team Leads and Supervisors.
- Identify areas where additional customer training and assistance is needed and initiate appropriate course of action.
- Monitor the availability and functionality of customer hardware and software and detects and reports problems.
- Coordinate the installation, configuration and testing of software. Ensure the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles and practices in the delivery of customer support services.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Who May Apply: All U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481666000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.