If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) is a great place for you. DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs. Go to www.disa.mil for more information.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as the principal technical authority and lead specialist with responsibility to ensure effective, economical, and advanced technical management of customer database and data structure computing requirements for assigned systems and applications related to the Division's three registration databases; Systems/Network Approval Process (SNAP), SIPRNet GIAP System (SGS), and Duties, and Ports, Protocols, and Services Management (PPSM) Registry.
- Overseeing the three database's Request for Work Order processes from drafting to submittal to work prioritization, to validation testing to closeout.
- Developing the user interfaces and database queries to support Division's registration workflows business processes.
- Serving as the division's database and data structure expert and technical coordinator to the external DISA technical staff that maintains, upgrades, and administers the division's three registration databases.
- Overseeing the Division's contractor team charged with developing registration and analytical workflows.
- Manages and designs complex physical data models that describe the structure for data storage, data indexing, data manipulation, and data retrieval applications to support the Division's network connection registration and analytical workflows.
- Analyzes and defines customer data requirements and specifications.
- Designs, implements, and maintains multi-user databases as they relate to the Division's registration databases - SNAP, SGS, and PPSM Registry.
- Serving as customer technical coordinator and liaison tracking and processing database and data structure trouble tickets related to the Division's three registration databases.
- Ensures that the Division's registration databases (SNAP, SGS, and PPSM Registry) meet the business requirements of Division analyst and client organizations, are accessible to authorized individuals, and are kept up-to-date by the responsible technical team.
- Liaisons with the external DISA technical team that monitors and optimizes database performance and tunes database operations; and installs, configures and maintains database management system (DBMS) software.
Occasional travel - 25% or Less
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Who May Apply: All U.S. Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481665200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.