This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Operations (OO), Office of Information Management and Technology (OIMT), Office of Technology and Delivery (OTD) in North Bethesda, MD. .
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-OO-18-MP-2017546PR under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures.
NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Who May Apply (Detail): Open to all United States Citizens.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as a Senior IT Systems Administration Specialist and is a recognized expert and authority in Systems Operations for Food and Drug (FDA) data centers.
Major duties and responsibilities to include but are not limited to the following:
- Organizes, plans, develops, implements and supports systems operations and administration of infrastructure and application technologies.
- Leads or participates in the investigation of new and improved server, storage, software, advanced file system and/or services.
- Recommends adoption of developments that will enhance the effectiveness of the services being provided in meeting customer requirements.
- Conducts review of datacenter operations to enhance the performance of server, storage and application infrastructure technologies and proposes, designs, implements and tests modifications to significantly enhance the functionality of datacenter hosting services.
- Serves as a technical consultant to customers in support of application systems hosted on the organization's servers.
- Leads efforts to diagnose significant software faults and troubleshoots problems involving complex technical issues.
and manages multiple areas of system administration such as system
configuration, virtual configuration, advanced file systems management,
security, storage, storage area networks or hardware architecture.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481641200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.