This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS), Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) in Silver Spring, Maryland.Learn more about this agency
This position is also announced under vacancy number NWS-AA-2018-0001, which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is in the bargaining unit
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other IT Specialist (Customer Support), GS-2210-11 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band and requires the same qualifications and specialized experience as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
As an IT Specialist (Customer Support), you will perform the following duties:
- Supporting National Weather Service (NWS) Assistant Chief Information Officer ( ACIO) with performing office backup duties, NWS data calls, software licensing, maintenance and support, action tracking, Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA) activities and other enterprise IT service technology related activities.
- Provide Service Delivery interfacing directly with new and existing customers as a service advocate, setting up and monitoring Service Level Agreements, on boarding customers to the catalog of products and services, and continually updating offerings.
- Perform Business Analysis working with customers to determine their business needs based on their requirements for service and providing customer support for cost estimates, billing, chargeback and other business needs.
- Assist in the delivery of a NWS wide Shared Services model its possible integration and transforming IT from a systems-centric configuration to a successful services delivery model.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States Citizens or Nationals.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481636000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.