This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC, Position Description Number D1063000 and is part of the NJ AASF 1, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC, WG-8852-12, you will:
- Prepare for and participate in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and support exercises.
- Manage, monitor or perform overall maintenance, servicing, inspections and documentation for one or more highly technical, high performance military aircraft. port exercises
- Ensure Unit Level Logistics-Aviation (ULLS-A) and other aircraft documentation accurately reflects status and airworthiness of assigned aircraft.
- Launch, recovers, parks, and services aircraft.
- Diagnose and solve malfunctions of aircraft systems and components by utilizing a wide variety of complex, state of the art computerized and/or non-computerized Test Measurement Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE).
- Plan, develop, and conduct proficiency training during the technician work week to a multi-faceted workforce comprised of Full Time Support (FTS) and supported unit personnel.
- Work with, coordinate and oversee the work of lower graded aircraft mechanics and certifies the work of journey level workers in other trades working on the assigned aircraft.
- Serve as the technical authority to identify and advise on requirements for airframe, mechanical, electrical/environmental, avionics, engine, and pneudraulic repairs on assigned aircraft.
- Work closely with maintenance supervisor(s) and production control personnel to report and maintain current aircraft status.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481633900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.