This National Guard position is for a Surface Maintenance Mechanic Inspector, Position Description Number D1286000 and is part of the NJ CSMS 1, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a Surface Maintenance Mechanic Inspector, WG-5801-12, you will:
- Inspect complex, interrelated mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic and electrical systems, equipment and their components while in operation or in a standby condition.
- Use specially designed testing methods and test equipment such as computerized test sets, precision gauges, electronic sensors, injector test stands, engine scopes, etc., to assure that tolerance and safety factors have been met.
- Inspect a large variety of heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical and automotive vehicles such as attack tanks, large cranes, tank retrievers, fire trucks, bridge transporters, armored vehicle launched bridges, bulldozers, road graders, crawler tractors, power shovels, self propelled earth compacting equipment, self propelled artillery, etc.
- Inspect heavy artillery, small arms, powered support and other equipment or components of equal or lesser complexity.
- Prepare lists of needed repairs, parts, and man-hours authorized.
- Recommend to a higher echelon to condemn equipment when the repair cost exceeds the established Maintenance Expenditure Limits (MEL).
- Perform final inspection, certifying that equipment is in satisfactory operating condition, or reject the work and return the equipment to the repair shop with specific reports prescribing additional repairs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481622800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.