This National Guard position is for a Human Resources Officer (Military), Position Description Number D1619000 and is part of the 177th Force Support Squadron, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a Human Resources Officer (Military), GS-0201-12, you will:
- Serve as a staff advisor responsible for providing military human resources assistance, guidance, and direction to military units
- Be responsible for local force management initiatives such as identifying projected vacancies for fill action in order to avoid periods of limited personnel readiness
- Communicate military human resources policies and procedures through meetings, written documentation, oral presentations, and state of the art communications and media
- Ensure a recruiting plan is prepared in concert with state, wing, and organizational strength objectives to include diversity and minority goals
- Oversee implementation of military human resources programs for full time technicians, dual status technicians, and non-dual status technicians, and Active Guard Reserve personnel
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481618700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.