This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Weather Service (NWS), Office of the Assistant Administrator (OAA), Office of the Chief Information Officer (ACIO), Silver SprinLearn more about this agency
At the GS-12 grade level, the individual selected for this position will…
- Evaluate and recommend adoption of new or enhanced approaches to delivering IT services.
- Test and optimize the functionality of IT services.
- Ensure optimal use of commercially available products.
- Develop, implement and manage a Project Management Metrics Measurement Plan using guidance and measurement metrics to determine performance trends, achievements, discrepancies, variations and exceptions.
- Establish and facilitate the Project Management Working Group (PMWG) within OACIO to identify and capture project management best practices across the OACIO and identify barriers to project success related to existing process guides and/or Project Management policy.
- Establish and maintain project knowledge management framework with data/information to be collected, stored and retrieved.
- Assist project managers with initiating new projects, documenting project scope, and tailoring the project's Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to the project scope.
- Serve as Task Manager (TM) and, as such ensure contractor performs assigned tasks, and/or Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) and, as such, monitors contractor's technical, managerial and financial performance through inspections, contract deliverable reviews and meetings with contractor personnel.
- Independently lead the development and implementation of IT Acquisition processes, IT project management training and develop supporting documentation.
- Provide Departmental IT project managers expert advice in all aspects of IT investment management.
- Communicate complex technical requirements to non-technical personnel.
- Prepare and present briefings to senior management officials on complex and controversial issues.
- Plan and carry out difficult and complex assignments and develop new methods, approaches, and procedures.
- Provide advice and guidance on a wide variety of complex issues.
- Develop, interpret, and implement IT policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Conduct analyses and recommend resolution of complex issues affecting the specialty area.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States Citizens or Nationals.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481603200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.