The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
WYOMING ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Wyoming Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Wyoming Army National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AREA 6: NATIONWIDE JOB OPPORTUNITY DUAL STATUS TECHNICIAN - MERIT PROMOTION: Open to current military members of the US Army, Army Reserves or Army National Guard and eligible to transfer to the Wyoming Army National Guard.
Position Title: Accounting Technician
Position Series/Grade: GS-0525-08
Position Description #: D1984000
Line #: 210
Location: United States Property and Fiscal Office, Cheyenne, WY
Enlisted applicant's military grade cannot exceed the maximum military grade authorized. Over-grade applicants must provide a written demotion statement of understanding with application, willingness to be administratively reduced in grade (state specific grade) if selected for this position. A Demotion Statement of Understanding is located at: http://go.usa.gov/cfJfG
Applicants' under-grade or over-grade (without a written demotion statement of understanding) will not be considered for this vacancy. Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
This position is located in the US Property and Fiscal Office (USPFO) Comptroller Division, Accounting Services Branch. The purpose of this position is to provide analysis, validation, processing, and correction of financial transactions and issues/discrepancies involving the full range of accounting services. Incumbent uses a complete understanding of inter-related work systems across multiple functional areas and their interoperability to ensure the validity and accuracy of all obligations, disbursements, collections/deposits, and adjustments related to financial records.
As a ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN, GS-0525-8, you will:
(1) Perform broad in-depth analysis on multiple management systems and apply this information to complicated precedent type cases to resolve especially difficult and sensitive, out of balance conditions associated with processing actions within accounting systems.
(2) Perform fact finding, research, and investigations to identify, analyze and recommend solutions regarding fiscal accounting activity.
(3) Examine accounts or resolve difficult reconciliations requiring an analysis of adjustments and corrections in accounts.
(4) Reconstruct inaccurate accounts, gathers and organizes information for inquiries and resolves problems referred by managers, employees, congressional inquiries, etc.
(5) Coordinate with internal/external financial/program management personnel to resolve issues and/or prevent accounting errors.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Only current members of the US Army, Army Reserves or Army Nat'l Guard as of the closing date will be considered for this vacancy.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481588100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.