The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
WYOMING ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants must currently be members in the Wyoming Army National Guard in order to be considered for employment.
OPEN AREA OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 4: Job Opportunity Dual Status Technician - Merit Promotion: Only current military members of the Wyoming Army National Guard will receive consideration for this vacancy.
Position Title: International Partnership Specialist
Position Series/Grade: GS-0301-12
Position Description #: D2089000
Line #: 711
Location: Joint Operations Center, Cheyenne, WY
This is not a commissioning opportunity.
Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
This vacancy is also advertised in conjunction with AGR #17-A138, International Partnership Specialist, O1-O3
The purpose of this position is to plan, coordinate, and execute the State Partnership Program (SPP) activity initiative between the Wyoming National Guard and the partner country of Tunisia. This position has overall responsibility for developing statewide plans, policies, and procedures for the participation in the National Guard State Partnership Program. Additionally, this position has responsibility for preparing training plans and providing staff level planning and assistance to ensure required training and readiness objectives are achieved. Incumbent plans, organizes, manages, and performs duties necessary to accomplish State Partnership Program functions in support of programs essential to Wyoming National Guard's daily and strategic operations, training, and readiness missions.
As a INTERNATIONAL PARTNERSHIP SPECIALIST, GS-0301-12, you will:
(1) Research, develop, write, plan and present the campaign plan between the state and partner country based on guidance from the Chief of Mission (CoM), Geographic Combatant Command Commander (COCOM CDR), National Guard Bureau (NGB), and The Adjutant General (TAG).
(2) Research, analyze, develop and write the budget for every fiscal year of administration that directly supports year one of the campaign plan, and allows NGB to fiscally plan for years two through five of the plan.
(3) Maintain continual liaison with the partner country through the Bilateral Affairs Officer (when provided) and the Defense Attaché Office stationed in the embassy of the partner nation.
(4) Serve as a coordination point for joint and combined military exercises between the state and the partner nation, which may include other state's partner nations, both in the U.S. and overseas.
(5) Oversee the development of proposed SPP events with partner country and ensure events are submitted to NGB, U.S. State Department, Interagency Working Group where warranted, and COCOM for approval.
(6) Coordinate the preparation of all country clearance messages, event travel, and support requirements, to include the number of people traveling, dates, air/ground transportation, meals, and hotels.
(7) Coordinate all logistical, administrative, and transportation requirements for each event both in state and country.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Only current members of the Wyoming Army National Guard will be considered for this vacancy.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481586700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.