The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!WYOMING ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants must currently be members in the Wyoming Army National Guard in order to be considered for employment.
OPEN AREA OF CONSIDERATION:Area 4: Job Opportunity Dual Status Technician - Merit Promotion: Only current military members of the Wyoming Army National Guard will receive consideration for this vacancy.
TECHNICIAN INFO:Position Title: Plans and Operations SpecialistPosition Series/Grade: GS-0301-11Position Description #: D1246000Paragraph: 1422Line #: 715Location: Wyoming National Guard's Joint Operations Center, Cheyenne, WY
MILITARY RANK:Min: O1/2LTMax: O3/CPTLearn more about this agency
This is not a commissioning opportunity.
This position is located in the Joint Force Headquarters, Plans, Operations and Readiness Directorate - J3, Joint Operations Center (JOC). The purpose of this position is to serve as a Plans and Operations Specialist, develop plans and procedures, and coordinate preparations for state active duty and the operational employment of ARNG personnel and military resources.
As a PLANS AND OPERATIONS SPECIALIST, GS-0301-11, you will:
(1) Serve as the State NG focal point for Crisis Action Planning and the Officer in Charge of the Joint Operations Center (JOC) that remains operational 24 hours/7 days a week.
(2) Be responsible to establish and validate procedures, practices and tasks that provide command staffs located in the JOC, designated geographically separated Quick Reaction Force Platforms and the ANG Survival Recovery Center effective situational awareness and continuous command and control over tasked organizations and members.
(3) Be responsible for command and control crisis action training and certification program. Establish, execute, evaluate and maintain the training program effectiveness through inspections, exercises and testing.
(4) Participate as an Operations Officer in the Joint Operations Center (JOC). Develop operational procedures to implement contingency and emergency plans. Coordinate with higher, adjacent, lower headquarters, Federal, state and local agencies as necessary, as well as other staff officers in the JOC to effectively accomplish emergency operations.
(5) Responsible for the administrative over-site of the command and control network to include defining required system capabilities, e.g. communications and collaborating with J6 administrators to identify specific equipment to meet mission needs; budgeting for and the purchase of crisis action infrastructure; and identifying and securing resourcing for full-time staffing for effective 24/7 continuous operations, as well as system readiness needs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Only current members of the Wyoming Army National Guard will be considered for this vacancy.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481586000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.