The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win?in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Applications will be accepted from United States citizens (U.S. citizenship required at time of application).
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
For information on veteran's preference click here
Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Click here for specific program requirements. To request MSP hiring preference, you must submit the following documents:
- Application or resume;
- Statement requesting MSP; and
- Copy of military sponsor's PCS orders
Hourly Salary: $22.89 to 26.71
- The primary purpose of this position is: To develop, modify, and apply inspection procedures, techniques, and acceptability standards for new, unusual, and/or experimental nondestructive inspection (NDI) processes using ultrasonic, eddy current and/or radiographic inspection techniques.
- Using the ultrasonic-eddy current processes, performs inspections of aircraft, engine, missile, ground support equipment, etc., parts and components, support equipment structural members, components, parts, and other materials for which inspection procedures and/or acceptability standards are inadequate or not available.
- Using the radiographic equipment, performs inspections of aircraft, engine, missile, ground support equipment, etc., parts, components, support equipmen.t structural members, components, parts, and other materials for which inspection procedures and/or acceptability standards are inadequate or not available.
- Serves as NDI Technical Advisor, advising responsible shop supervisors, engineering, quality assurance and other related functions of defects found, their extent and their effect of the quality and serviceability of products.
- Uses and maintains tools. Maintains bench stock levels of parts, materials, tools, and equipment at prescribed levels. Utilizes safety practices and procedures following established safety rules and regulations to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Maintains record s and documents actions. Documents, tracks, and updates process control procedures and uses results to determine inspection reliability. Prepares and performs oil analysis to determine the identity and amount of metal articles suspended in the oil taken from a particular aircraft engine. Applies magnetic particle and/or liquid penetrant inspection to detect and interpret the relevancy of flaws in a variety of parts.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481568300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.