This position is located in the Defense Health Agency (DHA), Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs (OASD(HA)), Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness (OUSD(P&R)). The USD(P&R) is the principal staff assistant and advisor to the Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Defense for Total Force Management as it relates to, among other matters, readiness; National Guard and Reserve component affairs; health affairs; training; and personnel requirements and management, including equal opportunity, morale, welfare, recreation, and quality of life matters. The ASD(HA) is responsible for overall supervision of the health and medical affairs of the Department of Defense (DoD), and serves as the principal advisor to the Secretary of Defense for all DoD health policies, programs, activities, and exercises oversight of all DoD health resources.Learn more about this agency
This position is in the Senior Executive Service (SES), a small, elite group of top government leaders. SES members possess a diverse portfolio of experiences including strong skills to lead across organizations. As a Senior Executive, you will influence the direction of innovation and transformation of the federal government and lead the next generation of public servants.
The Deputy Assistant Director for Financial Operations (DADFO) is the principal advisor to the Assistant Director for Healthcare Administration on all matters relating to the financial operations of Military Treatment Facilities and the TRICARE Health Plan.
- Responsible for policy, procedures and direction of budgetary matters and financial management with respect to the provision of care across the Military Heath System.
- Renders senior level advice and expertise to the DHA Director and other top officials on all phases of DHA-wide health system financial management including policies, systems and practices
- Provides leadership and direction on all aspects of DHA financial management.
- Responsible for the development and formulation of new programs and the evaluation of existing programs with particular emphasis on efficient utilization of resources to assure the greatest probability of success and aids in developing long-range planning with particular emphasis on the commitment of financial and other resources.
- Advises on healthcare administration financial trends and patterns associated with DHA support programs and assures that these trends are recognized in the DHA's legislative and communications initiatives.
- Oversees the development of justification statements and briefing materials lo be used by the DHA Director and other witnesses appearing before budgetary review groups including DoD, the Office of Management and Budget, and Congressional Appropriations and Authorizations Committees and Subcommittees.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All Qualified U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481553800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.