Are you looking for an inclusive and employee-friendly work environment, challenging assignments, specialized training and generous benefits? At DCAA you'll find all this in a progressive organization dedicated to continuous improvement. DCAA is ranked in the top third of the "Best Places to Work in the Federal Government." Join the elite cadre of auditors who have made DCAA their employer of choice. You will be providing a unique service to your country and making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere!Learn more about this agency
Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) uses Expedited Hiring Authority to recruit and appoint qualified individuals directly into shortage category or critical need positions.
DCAA will have an Expedited Hiring event on October 17th, 2017 from 9:00am to 4:30pm, at the Springfield Hilton, 6550 Loisdale Road, Springfield, Virginia, 22150. Apply online by October 15Th, 2017. Bring in an application package (e.g. resume, college transcripts, to the event to be considered for an on-site interview. To pre-register, send e-mail to email@example.com
This Job Opportunity Announcement is using an additional online assessments to evaluate applicants. Please review the HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED, HOW TO APPLY and WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT sections below for instructions.
All new employees are required to attend a two week orientation in Atlanta, GA beginning their first day of DCAA employment.
Multiple selections will be made from this job announcement for a position with the same title, series, grade(s), promotion potential, general job responsibilities and a duty location listed in this job announcement.
The salaries listed above are the base salary and locality pay for the Washington, DC area. pay schedule at the GS-05, step 01 and the GS-09, step 10 levels. The General Schedule (GS) basic pay schedule varies by geographic locality. To view pay rates in a specific location visit the Office of Personnel Management pay tables at
Reemployed annuitant: This vacancy does not meet the criteria for appointment of annuitants.
- As a part of team, plans, performs and reports contract audit assignments in connection with procurement and contracting activities between the Federal Government and the contractor.
- Reviews standard audit programs, audit steps, previous work papers, reports, other guidance materials, and drafts routine and pro forma audit reports or segments of reports covering audit steps performed, including findings and conclusions, in accordance with previous reports and agency procedures. Maintains audit working papers including preparation of schedules, summaries, and reconciliations as instructed or appropriate.
- -Performs assigned audit steps such as tests and examinations of contractor's direct labor and material costs. Check reports, records, ledgers, and other documents against invoices, receipts, payroll slips, and other source documents. Verifies appropriateness of charges for materials and labor and determines that transactions have been properly recorded.
- -Actively and positively participates with other team members, providing updates on the status of audit assignments, sharing information, and identifying requisite revisions to the program and/or annual team goals. Maintains professional manner and working relationships with team members, associates, contractor and other government personnel.
- -Prepares working papers and analyzes contractor data using automation tools.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481519700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.