This National Guard position is for a INTELLIGENCE OPERATIONS SPECIALIST, Position Description Number D1652P01 and is part of theMI 110 Airlift Wing, National Guard.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
INTELLIGENCE OPERATIONS SPECIALIST, GS-0132-11
This position is located in the Intelligence exploitation section at an Air National Guard (ANG) Intelligence unit. The primary purpose of the position is to perform specialized analysis duties as a Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance (ISR) crewmember and to train assigned military unit members in the duties and functions associated with multi-intelligence (multi-INT) Tasking, Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (TPED) activities. Provides real-time TPED support to National Agencies, Joint Commands, Air Force Major Commands (MAJCOMs), Air Operations Centers (AOCs), and US and coalition airborne assets in exercises and contingency operations. Ensures real- and near-real-time multi-INT reporting and analysis by all exploitation sections.
(1) Serves as a ISR unit crewmember in the multi-INT exploitation section, responsible for multi-INT operations and production affecting time critical targeting (TCT), direct threat warning, battle damage assessment, combat identification, combat search and rescue, multi-INT correlation, threat analysis, mapping, intelligence preparation of the battlespace, situation monitoring, and mission reporting.
(2) Conducts analysis activities and operations from data derived from manned, unmanned, and other operational assets in support of National Agencies, Joint Commands, Air Force MAJCOMs, and AOCs contingencies and exercises.
(3) Prepares post-mission reports from analysis of target data for general intelligence and operational community consumption.
(4) Geospatial (GI&S) Program Manager for the unit.
(5) Works with other crewmembers to ensure the multi-INT exploitation section maintains a capability to provide timely and accurate operational intelligence support and fully trained intelligence personnel during peacetime and contingency operations.
(6) To enhance the ISR unit crew's mission readiness, the incumbent maintains a thorough knowledge of all aspects of internal multi-INT training.
(7) Coordinates multi-INT training requirements with Gaining Command Intelligence Section.
(8) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481510200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.