This National Guard position is for a AMMUNITION INSPECTOR, Position Description Number D2295000and is part of theMI USPFO, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AMMUNITION INSPECTOR, WG-6501-8
1. Assists in the inspection of ammunition, to include performing maintenance, care preservation, shipping and storage operations, assuring compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), safety regulations, drawings, and other assigned activities during operations.
2. Directs preparation of various ammunition transaction documents pertaining to receipts, issues, location changes, turn-ins, shipping, along with the maintenance and inventory adjustment of ammunition items.
3. Provides technical assistance and guidance in using the automated Standard Army Ammunition System Modernization (SAAS-MOD) system.
4. Plans and accomplishes inventories of all stocks.
5. Archives files and performs system back-ups and restore applications.
6. Reviews data input, reports, change packages, day-to-day operations and makes recommendations to resolve problems.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481507800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.