This National Guard position is for a Tools and Parts Attendant, Position Description Number D1228000 and is part of the NJ CSMS 1, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a Tools and Parts Attendant, WG-6904-6, you will:
- Analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of maintenance management, repair, and training; and the need for improving existing practices
- Coordinate with shop leadership to resolve conflicts affecting maintenance production or the shop backlog rate
- Work with other organizations to increase the effectiveness of the maintenance program
- Establish methods and procedures to ensure maintenance tasks performed meet or exceed established policies and regulations
- Contact depots or manufacturers to clarify procedures or gain insight regarding better methods of repair or maintenance
- Schedule and conduct periodic meetings with shop leadership to disseminate information and standardize procedures
- Monitor the organization's use of automation to properly account for manpower utilization and materials management
- Establish and monitor the shop safety and health program
- Provide instruction, investigate accidents, and assure facilities meet established requirements
- Oversee the hazardous waste/industrial hygiene program for maintenance shops
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481505100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.