If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, DISA is a great place for you.Learn more about this agency
DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs. Go to www.disa.mil for more information.
- Serves as the Senior IT Specialist (INFOSEC) Branch Chief within the DoDIN Threat Program (RS2), providing executive level, expert advice, guidance and support to the DoDIN Division Chief and staff, DRSI, JFHQ-DoDIN, and DISA in support of the organization's missions.
- Incumbent has full functional authority and responsibility to achieve a wide range of project management and oversight responsibilities assigned to the operating and supporting activities of the support team and the matrix support staff.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks and data.
- Conducts Command Cyber Readiness Operational Inspections of DODIN information systems to identify Threat, vulnerabilities, risks, and assessing cyber readiness for both the Command and JFHQ-DODIN.
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) and manager in various disciplines of Information Assurance Cybersecurity, Computer Network Defense, Mission Assurance, and Defensive Cyber Operations in support of DISA's DoDIN Inspection missions.
- Develops the overarching strategy, methodology, and guidance of the various independent DoDIN Inspections (Command Cyber Readiness Inspections, Computer Network Defense Service Provider Evaluations/Validations, Public Key Infrastructure Audits) .
- Performs detailed analysis of DoDIN Inspection/assessment results in order to determine technical and residual risk, and identifies systemic trends across DoD.
- Develops DoDIN Inspection evaluation criteria in accordance with the latest DoD policy guidance.
- Provides expert technical support and guidance to staff in matters relating to information technology (IT) issues that involve a wide range of IT management which extend across the DoD.
- Prepares and presents formal and informal informational and decision briefings to senior leadership, typically at the Senior Executive Service (SES), Flag Officer/General Officer (FO/GO) level.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481474000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.