This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR, Position Description Number D1444000and is part of 155 AMXS, Nebraska Air National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA AIR NATIONAL GUARD PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 402-309-1172.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: AREA 1, 2, 3
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
AREA 1 - Current permanent and indefinite bargaining unit Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 2 - All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 3 - Current military service members who are willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard
AREA 4 - All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard. Selected individual must become a member of the respective National Guard prior to the date of hire.
As a AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR, WS-8801-14, duties include:
(1) Planning: Plans the overall allocation of personnel and other resources to the organizational segments supervised to accomplish work operations which, because of their scope, volume, and
complexity, must be planned on a yearly or longer basis. Analyzes the work plans developed by subordinate supervisors for accomplishment of assigned work orders and projects and the status of work being accomplished in relation to overall schedule requirements, including unanticipated or emergency requirements. Provides higher level managers and/or supervisors information on status of work projects, budget estimates, changes in equipment, facilities, techniques, etc. Participates fully with higher level management officials and staff organizations in studying and developing recommendations concerning changes in specification requirements, work techniques and standards; revisions of organizational structures, responsibilities, and relationships; and improvement or
modernization of equipment, facility layout, and work flow. Participates in planning conferences and meetings.
(2) Work Direction: Explains work requirements to subordinate levels of supervision, sets deadlines and sequence of operations. Coordinates and directs the work of units supervised. Balances
work load for subordinate work groups. Analyzes production, cost and personnel utilization records and makes adjustment in operations to correct problems. Develops quality and quantity standards. Spot checks work operations to assure production and quality standards are met. Encourages employees to achieve goals.
(3) Administration: Recommends promotion or reassignment of subordinate supervisors and reviews personnel actions prepared by them. Makes formal appraisal of supervisors' work performance and reviews employee appraisals submitted by them. Determines long-range training needs for all levels of subordinates, submits funding and budget requests with justification for approval, and arranges for the accomplishment of the training. Promotes and administers such programs as cost reduction, incentive awards, suggestions, and quality assurance. Ensures that regulations governing safety and housekeeping are observed with appropriate protective clothing and equipment being utilized. Assures that subordinate supervisors carry out such programs as labor-management and equal opportunity. Schedules and approves leave. Ensures that position descriptions are accurate and that position management principles are followed. Develops and establishes the internal procedures to be followed by subordinate supervisors to assure effective control and direction of the work activities, organizations, and personnel supervised. Assures that appropriate
production reports and administrative records are maintained. Acts on personnel problems referred by subordinate supervisors. Hears and resolves grievances and ensures proper corrective action is taken.
(4) Implements regulatory safety requirements and ensures that subordinates wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
(5) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises. May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operation, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or to serve as a team member on boards to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nebraska National Guard Area 1, 2 and 3 applicants
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481464800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.