The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win?in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Applications will be accepted from United States citizens (U.S. citizenship required at time of application).
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
For information on veteran's preference click here
Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Click here for specific program requirements. To request MSP hiring preference, you must submit the following documents:
- Application or resume;
- Statement requesting MSP; and
- Copy of military sponsor's PCS orders
- The primary purpose of this position is to serve as senior policy analyst for the Deputy Chief Management Office-led Air Force-wide publication review. The incumbent provides policy and technical expertise to the publication review team, which includes Reserve and Air National Guard, and all functional stakeholders on Department of Defense Directives and Issuances, Air Force Instructions, and Air Force Directives and Standards. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop, interpret, and implement policies and procedures needed for the effective implementation of DoD policy guidance to the Total Force Enterprise, in conjunction with overseeing and monitoring a quadrennial policy review cycle to keep all Air Force publications current.
- Perform ongoing evaluation and analysis of Air Force policy portfolio and recommends reviews and allocation of tasks based on Total Force Enterprise requirements and core, enduring mission areas, major Air Force missions and strategic plans.
- Represent the Directorate with a variety of organizations.
- Establish, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with other Air Staff and Secretariat offices, the Office of the Secretary of Defense, other Defense components, federal agencies and professional human resources societies and organizations.
Occasional travel - Work may occasionally require travel away from the duty station
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481418300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.