Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is part of the Army Civilian Training, Education, and Development System (ACTEDS) and is a CIVILIAN position with the Department of Army. The incumbent will serve as a Electronics Engineer trainee with the United States Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC).
- This is a Career Program (CP) #16 position.
- Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Recent Graduates Program.
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent Graduates must:
- Successfully complete at least 2-years of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted.
Who May Apply:
Positions are open to:
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years (or will complete no later than December 2017), a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
- Preference eligible veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their two-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed six years after degree or certificate completion.
ATTENTION: Some of the hyperlinks within this Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) have been updated and are available at the following website: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/APF-JOA/index.html
For this External JOA, please reference the documents in the abovementioned website titled: Applicant Checklist - (External); Transcripts and Certificates in Job Applications; and Employment of Federal Civilian Annuitants.
As an Electronics Engineer(INTERN) you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the development of test plans for testing programs of electronics engineering devices, equipment or systems using established criteria or specifications.
- Assist in the testing of electronics engineering devices, equipment or systems using established criteria.
- Analyze electronics engineering test results.
- Prepare technical electronics engineering reports and studies with completeness, technical adequacy, and adherence to prescribed format of reports.
Occasional travel - Up to 25% business travel required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Recent Graduates
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481204700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.