The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
WYOMING AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is a Title 32 Excepted Service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants must currently be members in the Wyoming Air National Guard in order to be considered for employment.
AREA 5: INDEFINITE JOB OPPORTUNITY DUAL STATUS TECHNICIAN - MERIT PROMOTION: Only current military members of the Wyoming Air National Guard will be considered.
Position Title: Supply Technician (Inventory Management)
Position Series/Grade: GS-2005-07
Position Description #: D2134000
PAS #: F2HB
FAC #: 412000
Position #1: 0077329434
Position #2: 0077247134
Location: 153rd Logistics Readiness Squadron, Cheyenne, WY
Enlisted applicant's military grade cannot exceed the maximum military grade authorized. Over-grade applicants must provide a written demotion statement of understanding with application, willingness to be administratively reduced in grade (state specific grade) if selected for this position. A Demotion Statement of Understanding is located at: http://go.usa.gov/cfJfG
Applicants' under or those over-grade, without a written demotion statement of understanding, will not be considered for this vacancy. Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
This position is located in the Materiel Management Flight of the Logistics Readiness Squadron, Mission Support Group, at an ANG Aviation Wing. The primary purpose of this position is to function as the installations technical expert in the management of centralized inventory functions and provide services in support of inventory control, storage, cataloging or supply identification, property utilization and accountability including those with automated or manual supply accounting systems.
As a SUPPLY TECHNICIAN (INVENTORY MANAGEMENT), GS-2005-7, you will:
(1) Responsible for centralized inventory management accountable under the guidance of the United States Property and Fiscal Office (USPFO), to include warehouse assets, supply points, readiness spares, and WRM assets at prescribed frequencies.
(2) Ensures accurate asset accountability records are maintained. Performs research to resolve all inventory discrepancies.
(3) Prepares and publishes the master inventory schedule of all categories of property as outlined in Air Force Manuals and Instructions.
(4) Provide guidance to other Logistic Readiness sections to ensure compliance with DoD, Air Force and other applicable guidance in inventory management and control.
(5) Coordinates with Operations and Compliance section to ensure accurate reporting to the LRS/CC/AO in accordance with regulations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481164600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.