This National Guard position is for a PRODUCTION CONTROLLER, Position Description Number D1259000and is part of theMI FMS Wyoming, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
PRODUCTION CONTROLLER, GS-1152-7
This position is located in the Joint Forces Headquarters-State, Logistics Directorate (J-4/G-4), Surface Maintenance Facility. The purpose of this position is to plan, schedule, control, and monitor the status of equipment maintenance; and to assist a higher-graded Production Controller.
(1) Establishes plans, schedules, and controls the maintenance and repair of a variety of vehicles and equipment such as combat vehicles, heavy-duty engineering and mobile equipment, tracked vehicles, towed and self-propelled artillery, communications and electronic equipment, guided missile systems, and small arms.
(2) Studies directives, modification work orders, and regulations as to their application in the unit.
(3) Designates and maintains current maintenance repair priorities by Force Activity Designator, pacing items, Equipment Readiness Codes (ERC) A, B, and C equipment type, available funds, commander's priority, state/national priorities, (in the case of floods, fires, and mobilizations) and unit supported.
(4) Provides assistance to ensure that Modified Table of Organization and Equipment (MTO&E) or Table of Distribution and Allowances (TDA) reportable Line Item Numbers (LIN) are properly managed, reported and accounted for with respect to readiness reports, property accountability reports and system management.
(5) Analyzes repair methods and recommends control procedures to ensure that accomplishment of programs meet priorities and deadlines established by higher authority or support activities.
(6) In the absence of the higher graded production controller, ensures that unit CL IX accounts are funded, budgeted, and executed to maximize readiness; and performs demand analysis on CL IX expenses to determine proper PLL stockage to sustain facility mission requirements.
(7) May provide day-to-day technical guidance to lower-graded personnel assisting in the maintenance production or maintenance management processes.
(8) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481091300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.