This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC, Position Description Number D1366000and is part of theMI 127 Wing, National Guard.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC, WG-8852-10
This position is located within a National Guard aircraft maintenance organization. Its primary purpose is to inspect, repair, modify, and service aircraft systems, components, and assemblies, both on- and off-aircraft.
(1) Performs inspections, functional checks, and preventive maintenance on aircraft to include periodic, phase, hourly, preflight, postflight, calendar, thru-flight, and special inspections such as fuel contamination, emergency equipment, and oil sampling.
(2) Troubleshoots and performs unscheduled maintenance on assigned and transient aircraft, utilizing various gauges, meters, measuring devices and other related test equipment.
(3) May be required to perform user and organizational level maintenance on assigned support equipment, including inspection, repair, modification, and corrosion prevention.
(4) Provides data for aircraft maintenance historical records, complete maintenance data collection, man-hour accounting, and other forms as required.
(5) Instructs, directs, and assigns maintenance repair tasks to drill status guard members.
(6) Complies with safety, fire, security, and housekeeping regulations.
(7) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as MEI, ORI, IG and UE inspections, mobility and command support exercises.
(8) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481084100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.