Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Incumbent serves as Protocol Officer/Events Coordinator for the 7th Signal Command (Theater).
Adjacent to Augusta, GA, Fort Gordon is the Home of the U.S. Army Cyber Center of Excellence. Additional information about the Post is available at the Fort Gordon web site: http://www.gordon.army.mil.
Augusta, GA is famous throughout the world for its major attraction, The Masters Golf Tournament. Augusta has a moderate year-round climate and is located a few hours from Atlanta and Savannah, GA, and Columbia and Charleston, SC. Ft Gordon's location offers close proximity to metropolitan areas and is an easy drive to the beaches along the Atlantic Ocean and the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. Additional information about Augusta can be found at http://www.augustaga.org.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Learn more about this agency
- Advises the Commander on all protocol matters to ensure proper operation for all functions involving high ranking military and civilian visitors from Congress, Department of Defense (DOD), Department of the Army (DA), government, foreign dignitaries, contractors, and private industry.
- Develops programs associated with assigned visits and activities and ensures continuity for ceremonial events in their preparation, development, and execution.
- Researches appropriate Army and DOD protocol instructions and regulations in order to recommend, plan, and direct a variety of functions and to ensure that proper protocol is always observed.
- Designs and develops biographical sketches for high-level guest speakers and hard copy programs for events.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, VEOA, Military Spouses, Former Overseas Employees
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481060500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.