Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.Learn more about this agency
About the Position:
This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is located at the US ARMY COMM AND ELEC RESEARCH, DEV AND ENGR CTR (CERDEC), CERDEC HEADQUARTERS, SECURITY OFFICE (JAB), APG, MD
WARNING: DO NOT INCLUDE CLASSIFIED INFORMATION IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKET! Application packages that contain Classified information WILL NOT receive consideration for this position. Should you submit a resume or any other document as part of your application package and it is confirmed that any of the information is Classified, in addition to being found ineligible for consideration for this position, your Security Office will be notified to determine if any further action is warranted.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee
Army DCIPS positions apply Veteran's Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement.
- Provides oversight, guidance and training on access management, document control, physical security, and information security in all areas and accesses regarding SCI. Maintains the access control database and files to include suspense records of correspondence, messages, reports, and projects, as well as compiles statistical data for reports and briefings as required.
- Generates, and/or approves SOPs for the CERDEC SCIFs and enforces US Army, DOD, and DIA policy regarding SCI.
- Conducts Special Security Representative training for CERDEC. Reviews and provides guidance on all facility accreditation packages for DIA to include Fixed Facility Checklists, Aircraft and Mobile Platform Checklists, TEMPEST Addendums, and all supplemental material ensuring packets are complete and accurate prior to requesting approval, coordinates and authors co-utilization agreements for tenants Special Access Programs and Senior Intelligence Officer's concurrence.
- Responds to requests for SCI assistance from CERDEC customers, coordinates support as required.
- Responds to requests for information in either formal, informal, electronic or hard copy formats, on SCI matters pertaining to personnel, information, physical security or other SCI actions, acting independently.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Civillian US Army Comm and Elect research, Ded and Engr Ctr (CERDEC), CERDEC Headquarters, Security office (JAB), APG, MD
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481022300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.