This position is located in the National Marine Fisheries Services (NMFS), Southeast Fisheries Science Center (SEFSC), in Miami Florida.Learn more about this agency
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band.
The ZP-03 is equivalent to the GS-11/12.
The full performance level for this position is ZP-04.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NMFS-SEFSC-2017-0032, which is open to all US Citizens or Nationals. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A three year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is in the bargaining unit.
This vacancy may be used to fill other Interdisciplinary Research Ecologist or Research Mathematical Statistician, ZP-0408/1529-03, positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
The individual selected for this position will:
- Conduct state-of-the-art stock assessments on Atlantic, Gulf and Caribbean fisheries resources to estimate current stock status and produce annual catch recommendations.
- Prepare and present scientific reports, technical briefs, and assessment documents.
- Represent the SEFSC on various Fishery Commissions and/or technical work groups.
- Perform innovative research to advance Southeast Fisheries Science Center strategic research objectives (e.g. research relating to fish population and/or ecosystem dynamics).
Occasional travel - Approximately 20% of travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…* Current Federal employees serving under a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service;
* Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility;
* CTAP/ICTAP eligibles;
* Applicants eligible under special hiring authorities; and
* Veterans who are preference eligible, or separated from the U.S. Armed Forces under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service, may apply under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480970000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.