About the position:
This Executive Assistant, NH-0301-02 position is located in the Program Executive Office, Intelligence Electronics Warfare and Sensors (PEO, IEW&S), Office of the Program Executive Officer (PEO) at Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), MD.
PEO IEW&S, headquartered at APG, MD with offices at Ft Belvoir, VA; Ft Hood, TX; and Huntsville, AL develops network-centric IEW&S systems for the digitized Army and fields Joint IEW&S systems to provide Soldiers the most superior capabilities to completely and immediately understand their environment across the full spectrum of operations. PEO IEW&S is in a human resources demonstration project, offers competitive salaries, pay banding, and pay for contribution. Benefits program include alternate work schedule with flexible hours, pre-tax flexible spending accounts for certain health and dependent care expenses, health insurance, vacation time and sick leave, life insurance, and a three-tiered retirement plan.
PEO, IEW&S US Army Acquisition Support Center is participating in an alternative personnel system known as the Army Acquisition Demonstration. The NH-02 broadband is equivalent to the GS-05 step 1 to GS-11 step 10 level. In keeping with the Demonstration pay fixing policies, employees earning a salary that falls within the pay band equivalent, will not receive an immediate pay increase (promotion) if appointed to this position. Future pay increases within the broadband will be accomplished through the pay for performance management system.
Because of the partnership with Corvias Military Housing, Department of Army civilian employees now have an option to rent family housing and enjoy the benefits of living on-post at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. There are various floor plans available. Selection is on a first-come first-served basis. If you are interested in this housing option, please contact the Corvias Military Housing Leasing and Relocation Center at 877-276-6659.
Who May Apply: U.S. CitizensLearn more about this agency
- Provides sound advice and recommendations to the Program Executive Officer (PEO) with respect to daily support, near-term and long-range calendar and event planning and execution, and staff coordination of staff actions, events, and executive program management oversight activities involving the PEO.
- Establishes, receives, screens and maintains the PEO's schedule of appointments, meetings, conferences, speaking engagements and other commitments.
- Provides advice and guidance to staff on appropriate procedures and policies in the preparation of presentations to the organization, or for those occasions when the staff will represent the organization to other agencies.
- Assures proper protocol for all functions and visitors.
- Coordinates with specific staff and organizational elements responsible for researching, developing, and preparing documents, speeches, position papers, and briefings for use in meetings, briefings, and social functions.
- Prepares travel orders and reimbursement vouchers in the Defense Travel System (DTS) and any necessary correspondence upon completion of trips.
- Analyzes office staffing procedures to ensure the processes meet the organization's needs and are consistently understood and followed by subordinate offices.
Occasional travel - Business Travel is required 10% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480945900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.