OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/.
NOTE: Applicant's education and length of nursing practice (experience) will be considered by a Nurse Professional Standards Board in determining the grade and step of the applicant selected.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.Learn more about this agency
The nurse manager for Specialty Care is a designated first-line supervisor responsible for the 24/7 nursing operations in the Specialty Care Department. Specialty Care includes a variety of clinics for specialized care for the Veterans including, but not limited to, cardiology, pulmonology, urology, podiatry, endocrine, rheumatology, orthopedics, sleep clinic, hematology/oncology, dermatology, etc. This position has continuing responsibility for the following:
· Setting priorities and preparing schedules to ensure completion of work.
· Staffing and assigning work based on priorities, requirements of assignments and capabilities of subordinates.
· Evaluating work performance.
· Giving advice, counsel, or instruction to personnel on work and administrative matters.
· Hearing and resolving complaints of staff and referring as needed.
· Recommending and/or taking disciplinary action where appropriate.
· Identifying development and training needs for staff and providing/coordinating training.
· Maintaining and ensuring continuous accreditation readiness in Specialty Care.
· Analyzing performance improvement data and establish action plans for improvement.
· Completing recurring reports in a timely manner.
· Participating on service or medical center committees and task forces.
· Working in partnership with the union and adhering to EEO principles.
· Developing and managing collaborative relationships with physicians and other clinicians.
This Nurse Manager will report directly to the Chief Nurse of Ambulatory Care.
Tour of Duty: Normal work days/hours will be Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM, with work day/hours flexibility required as patient care needs require. This position has 24 hour accountability.
Grade and salary for these positions will be determined by the Nurse Professional Standards Board (NPSB).
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
Functional Statement Title:#: Registered Nurse/#000000
Occasional travel - May be required to travel to conferences, etc.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Agency Employees Only
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480901100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.