To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
WHO MAY APPLY: Click here for more information on eligibility categories and the documentation requirements. You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted within each application package to be considered. Transfer and Reinstatement eligibles must provide their most current SF-50, AND SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if different from your latest SF-50. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Internal Employees (Air Force Employee - Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
DoD Transfer - Army, Navy, DFAS, etc. (Excluding Air Force)
Former Federal Employees (Reinstatement)
Schedule A Individual with Disabilities - click here for additional information
ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program)
Federal Employees (Non-DoD Transfer - OPM, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.)
VEOA (Veterans Employment Opportunity Act)
VRA (Veterans' Recruitment Appointment)Learn more about this agency
· Performs hazard and risk assessment and conducts a complete incident analysis. Conducts immediate incident surveys to completely identify a material involved, determines specific hazardous materials that have been released, analyzes surrounding conditions to identify the materials and containers involved; predicts behavior of a material and/or container and recommends mitigation actions.
· Performs crash-rescue and firefighting duties involving air traffic or support operations where hazardous conditions are such that the expectancy for fire is high and potential for becoming destructive is great.
· Performs structural firefighting duties for a variety of facilities, which may include large multistoried buildings, industrial areas, and/or base storage facilities.
· Performs rescue of personnel and a variety of first aid measures to alleviate further injury and prepare the victim(s) for transport to a medical facility.
· Maintains firefighting equipment and fire station facilities. Complies with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
Occasional travel - May be required to perform temporary duty away from normal duty station.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, Veterans, Individuals with a disability, Military
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480877200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.