DOL seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. DOL fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all individuals are able to participate and contribute to their full potential.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Department of Labor, Wirtz Labor Library (WLL), the mission of the Wirtz Labor Library (WLL) is to maintain and access information resource base and a configuration of information services in support of Departmental programs, Departmental agencies and offices, and the officers and staff of the Department.
The WLL maintains a large collection of legal, regulatory and legislative material in a variety of formats and provides service and support to officers and staff of DOL's Office of the Solicitor (SOL) and to other DOL agencies and patrons from outside DOL requiring this specialized collection.
This position has promotion potential GS-13. Promotion Potential: There is no obligation to provide future promotions to you if you are selected. Future promotions are dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and supervisory approval.
- Multiple vacancies may be filled through this job opportunity announcement.
- This position is inside the bargaining unit.
- This position is Telework eligible.
- This vacancy announcement has an application limit of 50, it will close at 11:59 pm Eastern Time (ET) ON THE DATE THIS LIMIT IS REACHED or ON THE VACANCY CLOSING DATE, whichever OCCURS FIRST.
- Plans, implements, and manages a number of complex library computer systems, including the integrated library system, online card catalog, and digitization process to include the digital asset management system.
- Identifies and analyzes library automation requirements for the various functional areas of the library.
- Works with the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and serves as Authorized Agency Approver for Employee Computer Network (ECN) actions that require signature and as the Point of Contact on all modifications and upgrades to computer systems.
- Recommends improvements to the in-house automation systems development in the areas specifically related to public services, and reference.
- Communicates orally in order to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients, team members, and other persons within the Wirtz Labor Library, other Federal libraries, non-Federal libraries, and institutes and organizations.
- Provides guidance to patrons and staff on system-related matters.
- Participates in and supports the development of exhibits, brochures, surveys and related projects, which foster the use of the Library.
- Develops and establishes guidelines and parameters to meet library information technology requirements.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens; Interagency Career Transition Assistance Prog and Career Transition Assistance Prog eligibles in the local commuting area.
Also being advertised as job announcement #MS-17-HRC-BOC-159 for non-status applicants; to be considered for each, apply to BOTH jobs.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480859300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.