Are you looking for an inclusive and employee-friendly work environment, challenging assignments, specialized training and generous benefits? At the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA), you'll find all this in a progressive organization dedicated to continuous improvement. DCAA is ranked in the top third of the "Best Places to Work in the Federal Government." Join the elite cadre of auditors who have made DCAA their employer of choice. You will be providing a unique service to your country and making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere!Learn more about this agency
The duties described reflect the full performance level:
- As part a team - plans, performs and reports contract audit assignments in connection with procurement and contracting activities between the Federal Government and the Contractor.
- As a part of team, plans, performs and reports contract audit assignments in connection with procurement and contracting activities between the Federal Government and the contractor.
- Reviews standard audit programs, audit steps, previous work papers, reports, other guidance materials, and drafts routine and pro forma audit reports or segments of reports covering audit steps performed, including findings and conclusions, in accordance with previous reports and agency procedures.
- Maintains audit working papers including preparation of schedules, summaries, and reconciliations as instructed or appropriate.
- Performs assigned audit steps such as tests and examinations of contractor's direct labor and material costs.
- Check reports, records, ledgers, and other documents against invoices, receipts, payroll slips, and other source documents. Verifies appropriateness of charges for materials and labor and determines that transactions have been properly recorded.
- Actively and positively participates with other team members, providing updates on the status of audit assignments, sharing information, and identifying requisite revisions to the program and/or annual team goals.
- Maintains professional manner and working relationships with team members, associates, contractor and other government personnel.
- Prepares working papers and analyzes contractor data using automation tools.
25% or less - See the Other Information section for more information on Travel Requirements
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480820700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.