Are you looking for an inclusive and employee-friendly work environment, challenging assignments, specialized training and generous benefits? At the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA), you'll find all this in a progressive organization dedicated to continuous improvement. DCAA is ranked in the top third of the "Best Places to Work in the Federal Government." Join the elite cadre of auditors who have made DCAA their employer of choice. You will be providing a unique service to your country and making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere!Learn more about this agency
- As part a team - plans, performs and reports contract audit assignments in connection with procurement and contracting activities between the Federal Government and the Contractor.
- Serves as an auditor trainee assigned to a Field Audit Office within Region or Corporate Audit Directorate (CAD).
- Accomplishes a variety of trainee level contract audit work assignments designed to provide familiarity with the Agency mission and experience in practical application of contract auditing, Generally Accepted Government Audit Standards (GAGAS) and cost accounting principles, procedures and techniques.
- Performs relatively simple standard audit assignments such as examining and reviewing accounting documents (timecards, reports, invoices, purchase orders, etc.) to determine if transactions were properly supported, mathematically correct, charged to appropriate contract or cost center, and allowable, allocable and reasonable.
- Assists audit team with the compilation, arrangement and evaluation of data and preparation of audit working papers and summaries detailing the results of the work for audit steps.Actively and positively participates with other team members, providing updates on the status of auditor assignments and sharing information.
25% or less - See the Other Information section for more information on Travel Requirements
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All US Citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480813600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.