The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win?in air, space and cyberspace.Learn more about this agency
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide:
Internal Employees (Air Force Employee - Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
DoD Transfer - Army, Navy, DFAS, etc. (Excluding Air Force)
Former Federal Employees (Reinstatement)
Military Spouses - Appointment of Certain Military Spouse (EO 13473)
Schedule A - Individual with Disabilities - click here for additional information
Former Overseas Employees (EO 12721)
ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program)
Non-DoD Transfer (OPM, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.)
VRA (Veterans' Recruitment Appointment)
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
This is a Term position NTE 13 Months; the individual selected for this position may be extended without further competition. Current Federal civilian employees may be required to take a break in service of at least 4 calendar days may be required prior to appointment to this position.
The primary purpose of this position is: To serve as a professional civil engineer, performing programming, base development and operations and maintenance (O&M) engineering duties in support of a military installation.
- Evaluates and recommends programs and development plans for new construction, renovation, and improvements of real property facilities, including utility systems, utilizing a professional knowledge of civil engineering.
- Works with organizational managers, budgeting personnel, and higher engineering authority in developing and gaining approval for proposed facility programs/projects.
- Coordinates projects with engineers in other disciplines or with architects.
- Keeps abreast of emerging technologies to ensure programmed development will not prematurely become obsolete.
- Performs O&M engineering involving design and construction that encompasses the maintenance, repair, upgrade, and operation of infrastructure facilities, including utility systems, utilizing a professional knowledge of civil engineering.
- Complies with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, VRA, Individuals with Disabilities, Military Spouses, and Former Overseas Employees. See Job Summary for further information on "Who May Apply".
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480813200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.