If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, DISA is a great place for you.Learn more about this agency
DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs. Go to www.disa.mil for more information.
- Provides protocol support to both the military leadership and civilian executives of the Agency and other DOD Agencies on all matters relating to all special events.
- Assists in the planning, coordination and execution of conferences, changes in command, VIP and foreign visitors, command briefings, protocol for ceremonies, awards, retirements, promotions, and projects of direct interest to the Director, Vice Director, Chief of Staff and Heads of Corporate Board, other senior leadership of DISA, and Heads of Primary Field Offices, to include the JTF.
- Maintains effective working relationships with chain-of-command program managers, Heads of the Corporate Board, Heads of Primary Field Offices, Congressional officials, OSD officials of Military Services, executives of other Federal departments, and foreign embassies.
- Monitors operations and assures protocol services and activities are efficiently maintained, operated and controlled for all DISA Generals, Flag Officers, and members of the Senior Executive Service.
- Stays abreast of state-of-the-art protocol techniques and developing trends and exchanges ideas and information regarding support to the command; to include innovative thinking and regular interaction with various civilian and military associations.
- Establishes and maintains contact and liaison with the Director, Vice Director, Chief of Staff and Heads of Corporate Board, other senior leadership of DISA, and Heads of Primary Field Offices, to include the JTF.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Career/Career-Conditional employees, Transfer, Reinstatement Eligibles, 30% Disabled Veterans, Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) eligibles (at the GS-09 & GS-11 only), Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) and other individuals eligible under special appointment authorities.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480673100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.