The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
WYOMING AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Wyoming Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Wyoming Air National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AREA 5: NATIONWIDE INDEFINITE JOB OPPORTUNITY DUAL STATUS TECHNICIAN - MERIT PROMOTION: Open to current military members of the US Air Force, US Air Force Reserves or Air National Guard and eligible to transfer to the Wyoming Air National Guard.
Position Title: Budget Officer
Position Series/Grade: GS-0560-12
Position Description #: D1678000
Position #: 00859056634
PAS Code: FMS3
Location: 153rd Comptroller Flight, Cheyenne, WY
Applicants' under-grade or over-grade will not be considered for this vacancy. Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
This is a commissioning opportunity for members of the Wyoming Air National Guard only. Must become an officer prior to appointment into position.
This position is located within the Financial Management Division at a base-level Air National Guard (ANG) Aviation Wing with responsibility for all budgetary operations necessary to support the plans, programs, missions, and activities of the wing and its geographically separated units (GSUs). The primary purpose of this position is to provide management oversight and guidance for both budget formulation and budget execution according to the Resource Management System (RMS). The incumbent is recognized as the top technical authority regarding fiscal and budgetary policy, law, and regulatory guidelines for all organizations serviced by the Wing Budget Office. The incumbent fosters an environment conducive to teamwork among resource managers and decision-makers in meeting the objectives and goals of the Resource Management System. This incumbent accomplishes budget functions in support of state and federal Air National Guard operations, training, and readiness missions, and the contingency operations of its total force and joint service partners.
As a BUDGET OFFICER, GS-0501-12, you will:
(1) Operate the Resource Management System, a network of commanders, resource advisors, cost center managers, and technical advisors aligned to the Wing/GSU organizational structure and oriented towards the management of appropriated funds and workdays for the accomplishment of unit missions.
(2) Serve as the principal author for local resource management policy development and publication. Interpret guidelines issued by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Congress, the Department of Defense (DoD), the United States Air Forces and Joint Services, the National Guard Bureau (NGB), and NGB/FMA and issues supplementary authoritative budget guidance.
(3) Serve as the principal budgetary advisor to senior leadership and top management personnel in maintaining balance, efficiency, and economy of operations to accomplish programmed objectives.
(4) Oversee budget formulation, validation, compilation, and submission, requiring the frequent contact with commanders, resource advisors, higher headquarters (ANG/FMA), and field counterparts.
(5) Review initial funding (programmed or received) and devise and carry out apportionment to base organizations ensuring financial continuity between fiscal years.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Only current members of the Air Force, Reserves or Air Nat'l Guard as of the closing date will be considered for this vacancy.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480605300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.