The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is the Nation's housing agency committed to strengthening the Nation's housing market to bolster the economy and protect consumers; meet the need for quality affordable rental homes; utilize housing as a platform for improving quality of life; and build inclusive and sustainable communities free from discrimination.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of Housing, Multifamily Housing Programs, Office of Multifamily Production. The Office is responsible for providing direction and oversight to the implementation of processes such as the Multifamily Accelerated Processing (MAP) program, and managing the functions of application processing and loan origination, and the functions associated with asset development.
Come join our leadership team today!
The Director, Office of Multifamily Production provides advice regarding the legislative, regulatory, procedural, budgetary, and long-range strategic planning related to multifamily housing production. The incumbent performs the following duties:
- Directing the development of policies and procedures, notices, operating guidelines, and regulations related to the origination of FHA-insured Multifamily mortgages.
- Directing the evaluation of policy and procedural effectiveness and methods of operations for assigned programs, along with the quality of program data. This includes monitoring field office performance against goals, contract renewals, and all other activity affecting the day-to-day management of Multifamily production programs.
- Directing the overall interpretation of procedures and the provision of guidance and assistance to Multifamily field components, owners, private developers, etc.
- Overseeing activities related to Multifamily Accelerated Processing, as well as those originating in other Department programs.
- Directing the provision of programmatic and technical assistance to field components and other HUD and industry entities concerning Multifamily production programs.
- Directing the participation of assigned staff in Office of Housing field reviews and Departmental field evaluations.
- Directing analysis and preparation of Office budget, and coordinating with other applicable offices during the annual federal budget cycle.
Occasional travel - Work related travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All groups of qualified individuals.
Noncompetitive (Current career Senior Executive Service (SES), Quality Review Board (QRB) certified graduates of SES Candidate Development Programs, and individuals with SES reinstatement eligibility.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480580000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.