This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (A-10), Position Description Number D1525000 and is part of the MI 127 Wing, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (A-10), WG-8852-12,
This position is located in the Sortie Generation Section of the Aircraft Generation Division within the Logistics Directorate of an Air National Guard
Flying Wing. Its purpose is to act as the crew chief with responsibility for directing the total maintenance effort on individually assigned aircraft. The work involves the total maintenance of complex, high performance military aircraft, ranging from multi-purpose heavy, multi-engine transports to the most modern sophisticated fighters and bombers. Fully responsible for providing detailed technical insight on individual aircraft's level of Mission Capability (MC), then develops and recommends a comprehensive course of action to maintain the aircraft at Full Mission Capability (FMC). All aircraft are fully integrated in and are part of the Total Force Mission of the United States Air Force. This position is responsible to fully prepare assigned aircraft for Aerospace Expeditionary Force/Wing (AEF/AEW) Operations around the world.
1. Directs, monitors or performs overall maintenance, servicing, inspections and documentation for one or more aircraft.
2. Ensures aircraft documentation and Maintenance Information Systems (MIS) accurately reflect the airworthiness of the Aircraft.
3. Performs in-process and final inspection of aircraft and components undergoing repair, overhaul and/or modification to verify and certify by signature adherence to work techniques, procedures and quality standards established by applicable publications.
4. Plans, develops and conducts training during the technician work week to a multi facet workforce comprised of from 3 to 8 assigned military positions.
5. Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises and Operations 6. Other Than War (OOTW).
7. Complies with safety, fire, security, environmental and housekeeping regulations.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480529100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.