The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
WYOMING ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Wyoming Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Wyoming Army National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AREA 6: NATIONWIDE JOB OPPORTUNITY DUAL STATUS TECHNICIAN - MERIT PROMOTION: Open to current military members of the US Army, Army Reserves or Army National Guard and eligible to transfer to the Wyoming Army National Guard.
Position Title: Contracting Specialist
Position Series/Grade: GS-1102-07/09/11
GS-07 Position Description #: D2271000
GS-09 Position Description #: D2270000
GS-11 Position Description #: D2269000
Line #: 221
Location: United States Property and Fiscal Office's Purchasing & Contracting Branch, Cheyenne, WY
Enlisted Min: E6/SSG Max: E8/MSG
Warrant Min: CW2 Max: CW3
Officer Min: O1/2LT Max: O3/CPT
This is not a commissioning opportunity.
Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
As a CONTRACT SPECIALIST, GS-1102:
GS-07 INTRODUCTION: The primary purpose of this position is to perform developmental assignments which are designed to provide the incumbent, who is serving in a trainee capacity, in the application of common contracting methods and contract types, and to assist in the procurement of standard or specialized service; supply; and/or construction items, services, and/or materials primarily through formal advertising, or through limited use of negotiation techniques. Noncompetitive promotion to the next higher grade level is dependent upon: 1) satisfactory completion of the training requirements, 2) demonstrated ability to perform the duties at the next higher grade level, 3) fulfillment of all OPM legal and regulatory requirements for promotion, and 4) recommendation for promotion by the supervisor.
GS-07 MAJOR DUTIES:
- Follow established procedures to procure off-the-shelf materials, which are available from numerous commercial sources, and easily identified by common names for which standard price lists are available.
- Prepare Invitation for Bid (IFB) or Request for Proposal (RFP) ensuring that technical descriptions and appropriate contract clauses are included.
- Monitor contract performance through telephone conversations, correspondence, site visits, inspections, progress reports, and analysis of contractor metrics, for compliance with performance standards, applicable laws, delivery schedules, payment provisions, inspections, progress reports, and other requirements stated in the contract.
GS-09 INTRODUCTION: The primary purpose of this position is to perform developmental assignments which are designed to provide the member, who is serving in a developmental capacity, experience in pre-award and post-award functions when they are well-defined and well-precedented, using common contracting methods and contract types, to procure standard or specialized services, commodities, and/or construction through formal advertising and negotiation procedures using primarily firm fixed-price contracts.
GS-09 MAJOR DUTIES:
- Plan acquisitions for standard or specialized services, commodities and/or construction contracts where specifications are standardized within established competitive markets, and where price competition exists.
- Develop solicitations, evaluate responses, and make award recommendations. Compile complete bidders' list from qualified applications, knowledge of suppliers, contacts with trade associations, Small Business Administration, or other sources.
- Monitor contract performance and performs contract administration. Monitor contract performance through telephone conversations, correspondence, site visits, inspections, progress reports, progress meetings, and analysis of contractor metrics for compliance with performance standards, applicable laws, delivery schedules, payment provisions, inspections, progress reports, and other requirements stated in the contract.
GS-11 (Non-Supervisory) INTRODUCTION: The primary purpose of this position is to provide sound business advice in the execution of pre-award and post-award functions, using a wide range of common contracting methods and contract types, to assist in the procurement of standard or specialized services, commodities, and/or construction within an operational contracting office.
GS-11 (Non-Supervisory) MAJOR DUTIES:
- Perform market research/analysis to determine availability of the requirement; analyzes market trends, commercial practices, conditions and technological advances and determines the sources solicited.
- Apply all statutory requirements including regulations, policies, procedures, business and industry practices, market trends, Government Accountability Office (GAO) and Comptroller General Decisions, public law, case law, and precedents to all acquisitions.
- Monitor and evaluate contractor performance for compliance with terms and conditions of contracts and ensures timely submission of technical progress reports and performance metrics.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Only current members of the US Army, Army Reserves or Army Nat'l Guard as of the closing date will be considered for this vacancy.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480323700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.