WHAT DOES A LEAD CONTACT REPRESENTATIVE DO? As a Lead Contact Representative, commonly referred to as a Lead Customer Service Representative, you may serve as a representative who carries out a full range of responsibilities in resolving issues and obtaining information relative to the tax administration process. You will serve as a work leader over employees performing work on the customer service toll-free system used by the public to resolve issues and obtain information about tax administration. In this role, you will often support employees within the unit in providing a full range of administrative and technical assistance to individuals and/or businesses by telephone and/or correspondence. This work involves a diversity of issues/problems related to a wide range of tax processing regulatory requirements and procedures administered by the Internal Revenue Service.Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT (W&I)DIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. Key W&I objectives are to provide high-quality taxpayer assistance, and to enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns, make payments and receive assistance. W&I partners with private organizations to provide assistance to such disadvantaged groups as elderly and low-income taxpayers.
Positions to be filled in W&I, Accounts Management located at 915 Second Ave, Seattle, WA.
**This is a roster announcement open continuously and allows applicants to apply up to the last cut off date listed in the announcement. The roster will be used to fill positions throughout the next 12 months. We are projecting approximately 22 vacancies may be filled during the life of this roster open period of 9/20/2017 to 07/26/2018 - selections may be made through 10/26/2018. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, one or more vacancies may be filled in the POD listed above as they become available in that location during the life of this roster. Additional and/or updated applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm ET (Eastern Time) at the close of each cut off dates: 10/2/2017, 01/25/2018, 04/25/2018, and 07/26/2018. Applicants need to apply and be eligible on or prior to the cut off dates or the closing date to be considered for the roster.**
As a Lead Customer Service Representative you will:
- Perform work that is of the same kind and level as the employees being led.
- Distribute, balance, monitor and report on workload in accordance with established workflow or job specialization. Assure equitable distribution among employees and timely accomplishment of assigned workloads.
- Amend or reject work not meeting established standards and refers to supervisor any problems on meeting performance standards.
- Maintain current knowledge of procedures, policies and directives, answers questions, and provides both classroom and OJT instruction to employees.
- Resolve simple informal complaints; refer others to supervisor, report on performance, progress and training needs of employees and on disciplinary problems.
- Perform administrative duties in the absence of the manager. Make suggestions concerning personnel actions and recognition of outstanding performance.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current IRS Internal/Agency Employees
**Amended to correct the cutoff dates for applying to this announcement.**
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479941600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.