The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
WYOMING ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Wyoming Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Wyoming Army National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AREA 6: NATIONWIDE JOB OPPORTUNITY DUAL STATUS TECHNICIAN - MERIT PROMOTION: Open to current military members of the US Army, Army Reserves or Army National Guard and eligible to transfer to the Wyoming Army National Guard.
Position Title: Target Systems Repairer
Position Series/Grade: WG-2601-08
Position Description #: D1142000
Paragraph #: 1910
Line #: 086
Position Location: Camp Guernsey Training Site, Guernsey WY
Enlisted applicant's military grade cannot exceed the maximum military grade authorized. Over-grade applicants must provide a written demotion statement of understanding with application, willingness to be administratively reduced in grade (state specific grade) if selected for this position. A Demotion Statement of Understanding is located at: http://go.usa.gov/cfJfG
Applicants' under-grade or over-grade (without a written demotion statement of understanding) will not be considered for this vacancy. Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
This position is located in the Joint Force Headquarters-State, Operations Directorate (J-3), Army National Guard (ARNG) Training Center, Range Operations. The purpose of the position is to repair, install, operate, and maintain a variety of Army Standard Integrated Target Systems, such as Armor Moving Target Carriers (AMTC), Infantry Moving Target Carrier Systems (IMTS), Target Holding Mechanism Tank Gunnery (THMTG) and Enhanced Remote Target Systems (ERETS). Operates computer-controlled target system consoles and develops scenarios for operation. Operates and performs maintenance on power generating and portable power source equipment. Arms, detonates, and/or disarms pyrotechnics and demolition devices. Fabricates and/or repairs metal, wood and cardboard targets. Operates and maintains vehicles assigned to the shop.
As a TARGET SYSTEMS REPAIRER, WG-2601-8, you will:
(1) Inspect and test Army Standard Integrated Target systems, using wiring diagrams, schematics, technical manuals and test equipment (i.e., voltmeters, multiplexers, miniature consoles and digital multi-meters).
(2) Isolate faulty components and determine extent of repair or replacement required to restore power, signal or correct mechanical operation.
(3) Install thermal target equipment to include, but not be limited to, AC or DC powered thermal heating panels.
(4) Develop training scenarios for down range target systems, using the computer controlled integrated target systems control panel.
(5) Repair or construct targets or target frames using various carpentry tools or metal working equipment and welding equipment.
(6) Operate and perform operational and organizational maintenance on gasoline and/or diesel powered generating systems and various portable power sources used in support of range control and target systems.
(7) Operate and maintain various construction/farming equipment; various wildland firefighting tools and equipment; and perform operator maintenance on military and civilian vehicles
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Only current members of the US Army, Army Reserves or Army Nat'l Guard as of the closing date will be considered for this vacancy.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479412000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.