The United States Marshals Service is the nation's oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.Learn more about this agency
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WASHINGTON, D.C.
This position is located in the District of Columbia, United States Marshals Service. The incumbent serves as a Management and Program Analyst responsible for formulating policies for the District Court/Tax Court program budgets; conducting studies of operational functions, delegations of authority, and organizational structures; performing analytical and evaluative work to ensure efficiency, economy, and balance in the development and/or execution phases or operating programs; analyzing existing procedures to identify more effective methods for for accomplishing program objectives; developing/maintaining an accountable property tracking system.
The duties of this position include identifying resources (funding, equipment, property, and document control, and accountability) and all budgetary administrative functions within the Judicial Security Program:
- Performs a wide range of budgetary and financial functions associated with the program, management and review of administrative matters. Acts as the subject matter expert on all budget matters.
- Monitors, on a continual basis, the execution of budget programs obligation documents and financial operating plans.
- Program funds in financial operating plan and executes changes in the plans as necessary reflect spending priorities, provides funding for activities related to the evaluation of programs and for discretionary spending.
- Develops and conducts, on a continuous basis, analyses of the status of budget, and administrative matters.
- Conducts analysis and generates records, develops and maintains data from reports submitted to ensure maintenance of accurate correspondence records.
- Assures preparation of various reports, exhibits, analyses and other materials in connection with the directorate administrative requirements or in response to specific requests.
- Must be able to organize various tables, reports and other related material to provide to management staff.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479359600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.