DHRA's mission is to provide program support, information management, and administrative services to the DoD Components on human resource matters and to collect, archive and provide management information, research and analysis of human resources and other related functional area data bases for the DoD.Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under OPM's Direct Hire Authority.
As an IT Specialist (Infosec) at the GS-2210-11/12/13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems, networks and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of information cyber security programs, policies, procedures and tools.
- Perform security reviews of application designs, software development, source code and deployments.
- Serve as the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) providing cyber security guidance, recommendation and knowledge to program managers and IT staff.
- Promote awareness of security issues at the management level, ensuring sound security principles are reflected in the organization's goals.
- Serve as the technical security expert for installation, configuration and testing of hardware and software associated with multiple operating systems and computer platforms.
- Ensure that users have the required personnel security clearances, authorization and are familiar with internal security practices.
- Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify risked and protection needs.
- Develop and implement programs to ensure that systems, network and data users are aware of systems security policies.
- Conduct systems security evaluations, audits and reviews.
- Ensure systems and applications are in compliant with DoDI 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT), DoDI 8500.01 Cyber security and National Institute Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-37 directive and procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This announcement is open to: All U.S. citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479318300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.