The selectee for this position will serve as a PROGRAM MANAGER of DEPARTMENT OF THENAVY.Learn more about this agency
THIS IS AN EXPEDITED HIRING AUTHORITY ANNOUNCEMENT. The Duncan Hunter National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) FY 2009 provides that the Secretary of Defense can designate acquisition positions as shortage positions and recruit and appoint highly qualified persons to these positions. This announcement is open to accept resumes from candidates interested in helping the Department of the Navy meet our mission requirements for the acquisition of systems, equipment and facilities.
This is a public notice announcement; under this recruitment procedure, each location/installation, identified in this public notice will make selections for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration. These positions are being filled under Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) for acquisition positions located at Department of Navy installations identified in this public notice.
Positions may be filled as permanent with a full-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
NOTE: Notices of Results (NORs) will not be sent to applicants who apply to this announcement.**Please DO NOT contact this office regarding status of application. Pay will vary by geographic location.**
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Developing proposals on the efficient utilization of systems, equipment, and personnel in support of program management.
- Answering questions of workers on procedures, policies, instructions and other directives program management.
- Obtaining information or decisions from supervisor on problems that arise in program management.
- Preparing and presenting briefings to various levels of management to communicate proposals, data analysis, and recommendations.
- Ensuring Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are current.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479301200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.