About the Position:
This position is part of the Army Civilian Training, Education, and Development System (ACTEDS) and is a CIVILIAN position with the Department of Army.
- This is a Career Program (CP) #15 position.
- Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program.
Click here for more information on Pathways program participants. The Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program affords developmental experiences in the Department of Army intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs. Successful applicants are placed in a dynamic, developmental program with the potential to lead to a civil service career in the Federal Government.
After Program completion, Department of the Army Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent position.
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent Graduates must:
- Successfully complete at least 2-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/students-recent-graduates/#url=graduates
Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program Eligibles
Positions are open to:
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years (or will complete no later than December 2017) a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
- Preference eligible veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have as much as six years after degree completion to apply.
As a Quality Assurance Specialist (INTERN) you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist in verifying product quality using sampling inspection or, when appropriate to the characteristics involved or pertinent quality history, more intensive product inspection techniques.
- Assist in verifying that products comply with requirements prior to acceptance.
- Assist in identifying inadequacies and recommending corrective action.
- Assist in reading, interpreting and applying technical data such as blueprints, engineering drawings, product specifications, and/or technical manuals.
- Assist in identifying for corrective action deficiencies caused by improper storage methods, extended periods of storage, or inherent deterioration characteristics of the material.
- Convey quality assurance information using a variety of written formats and techniques to audiences with a varying level of knowledge on the subject.
- Assist in conducting meetings, briefings, training sessions, or conferences to express quality assurance issues or concepts in a clear, concise and convincing manner.
Incumbent works under closer supervision and works in a developmental capacity performing assignments and completing training, both of which are aimed in preparing the incumbent to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties outlined in the aforementioned job description. The incumbent receives progressively more responsible assignments as experience and training are received to the next higher level position.
50% or less - Up to 50% Business Travel required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Student/Internship Program Eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479279100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.