Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is part of the Army Civilian Training, Education, and Development System (ACTEDS) and is a CIVILIAN position with the Department of Army. The incumbent will serve as an Architect trainee with the United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE).
- This is a Career Program (CP) #18 position.
- Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Recent Graduates Program.
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent Graduates must:
- Successfully complete at least 1 year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted.
Who May Apply:
Positions are open to:
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years (or will complete no later than May 2018), a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
- Preference eligible veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their two-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed six years after degree or certificate completion.
As an Architect(INTERN) you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Prepare architectural sketches and study models.
- Assist in contract administration and quality assurance inspection of construction projects.
- Assist in the analysis of problems based on field investigations or studies of construction and design conditions, and recommend most feasible and economical methods of solution.
- Review architectural shop drawings for accuracy, completeness and compliance with contract specifications.
- Assist in proposing methods for repairing, restoring and improving existing facilities.
Occasional travel - Up to 25% business travel required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Recent Graduates
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479271300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.