This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT PNEUDRAULIC SYSTEMS MECHANIC, Position Description Number D0097000and is part of the MI 127 Wing, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AIRCRAFT PNEUDRAULIC SYSTEMS MECHANIC, WG-8268-10
This technician position serves as a Pneudraulic Svstem Mechanic within a fuel systems shop responsible for inspection, repair and maintenance of aircraft fuel cells, water injection, entidetonant (ADI), and inflight refueling systems. Utilizing extensive knowledge of fuel systems maintenance practices and procedures, incumbent troubleshoots the systems and determines extent and tvpe of preventive and/or repair maintenance required and performs all necessary repairs, installation, and operational checks.
1. Utilizing electrical wiring diagrams, blueprints, schematics and technical publications, determines extent and type of preventative and/or repair maintenance required.
2. Connects power sources, and using cockpit controls, gauges and additional precision instruments, performs operational and functional checks of inflight refueling, single point refueling and fuel transfer systems and related valves, pumps, switches, selectors, and control devices.
3. Performs leak check of aircraft fuel systems by visual inspection or by removal of panels and dye tracing fuel leaks.
4. Diagnoses and overhauls fuel accessories by disassembling, cleaning, and examining parts for corrosion, scratches, cracks or other damage.
5. Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as ORI, IG, and DE inspections, mobility, and command support exercises.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479208800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.