This National Guard position is for a NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTER, Position Description Number D2319000 and is part of the MI 127 Wing, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTER, WG-3705-11
This position is located in an Air National Guard Aviation Wing, Maintenance Group, Fabrication Flight. This is an Air National Guard (ANG) Dual Status Technician position requiring military membership, compatible military skill assignment, and classification. The purpose of this position is to serve as a Small Shop Chief (SSC) with the responsibility for the overall shop. The position oversees and directs work of one or more Nondestructive Testers, WG-3705-10, who are assigned to the shop. The incumbent performs the full range of non-supervisory work of the shop.
1. Performs the full range of WG-3705-10 duties and responsibilities.
2. Plans and lays out work to be accomplished in the shop, which is then completed by the incumbent and lower graded mechanic(s).
3. If required (based on new Aircraft Gen 4 & 5 Aircraft), must be able to draw, design, test, write/re-write and perform new inspections in order to prepare AF form 22, AF Form 107's, and AFTO form 242's for submittal.
4. May provide recommendations and input to the supervisor concerning personnel actions such as performance appraisals, awards, position descriptions changes, disciplinary actions, leave, etc.
5. May serve as an Augmented Quality Assurance team member and preform personnel evaluations on other NDI technicians.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479207500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.